Complete the review of literary terms and Odyssey Comprehension questions for our exam
Author Archives: VRBurton
We need to wrap up our Odyssey work.
Here is a sheet to help you go over some of the key facts.
Journal Entries to Accompany The Odyssey
- What heroic qualities were most important to various cultures?
- What was the purpose of the heroic quest?
- Predict why you think a poem as old as The Odyssey might still be valuable today.
- What kinds of qualities does a good leader have?
- What kinds of qualities does Odysseus have that make him a good leader?
- What kinds of qualities does Odysseus have that make him a good friend?
- If someone says to you “Beware of Greeks bearing Gifts” what would this be in reference to and what could it possibly mean to you?
- Write an entry that Odysseus might write in his ship’s log.
- Human weakness plays a big part in this story. Tell what Odysseus’ weakness is and why Homer might have wanted to include this in his story.
10. What is a hero?