Reading and Literary focus:
- Describing elements of poetry
- Reading and analyzing poetry
- Read and analyze a novel
- Compose a response to the assigned prompt.
- Poetry – 8 word memoir
Today we will be reading Hurricane Song Chapter 1 and a poem
Reasons – Select 1 of the two topics and compose a response. Create a new post on your blogpage that gives the REASONS for your decision.
- Write about a character you remember well from a book you have read. It could be a fictional or a nonfictional piece.
- There are many places where you spend your time. Think about a favorite place where you feel comfortable. Write about why you enjoy being there so much.
We will be reading Hurricane Song. We are behind our New York class. They are on Chapter 5 or 6. We will read 1 chapter Thursday and Friday.
Today we will
What kind of room has no windows or doors?
I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and on my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?
I look at you, you look at me, I raise my right, you raise your left. What is this object?
It has no top or bottom but it can hold flesh, bones, and blood all at the same time. What is this object?
- The more you take the more you leave behind.