A friend from far away is coming to visit you for the first time. What place in particular do you want your friend to see during the visit? Use specific details in your post.
We will be examining the imagery used in the poem. Imagery that is focused on the use of your 5 senses: hearing, sight, touch, smell and taste. How does the poet get us to “see what he/she sees, ” “hear what he/she hears” “tastes what he/she tastes”? What words do they use to portray their point of view.
- It is weightless, you can see it, and if you put it in a barrel it will make the barrel lighter?
- No sooner spoken than broken. What is it?
- Only two backbones and thousands of ribs.
- Four jolly men sat down to play, And played all night till the break of day. They played for cash and not for fun, With a separate score for every one. When it came time to square accounts, They all had made quite fair amounts. Now, not one has lost and all have gained, Tell me, now, this can you explain?
- Jack and Jill are lying on the floor inside the house, dead. They died from lack of water. There is shattered glass next to them. How did they die?