- Miles and Pop evacuated to the Superdome.
- Pop and Miles left the Superdome.
- Cain getting beaten up by a family.
- After they left the Superdome, they saw looting and stealing.
- Soul Patrol helped out.
- Cyrus jumped to his death.
- Bathrooms in Superdome overflowing and nasty.
- Cain and crew burned people out for protection money.
- Secondline funeral march for Cyrus.
- Pop and Miles fought off thieves trying to steal a piano and suit of armor.
- When they made it to Pharoah’s they played music to celebrate being home
- They were rescued from Pharoah’s and taken to the Astrodome.
- Miles talked to his mother and she wanted him to come back home. He wanted to stay with Pop instead.
- The fight for the piano was a bad one. Miles was getting choked and Pop used his horn to save him
- Saw store with a sign “Looters will be shot;” they saw people with guns and they were in a shoot out
Miles: Main Character. The story is told from his perspective
Pop: Miles’s father. He is a musician who has not had much contact with his son Miles.
Fess: Fellow musician and friend of Pop and Uncle Roy
Uncle Roy: Pop’s brother. He is also a musician
Cyrus: A dishwasher who works at Pharoah’s Club. He is the one who felt as though he was going to die on the slaveship.
Cyurs’s daughter and granddaughters
Preacher Culver and his family
Cain: Football player from Miles’s school Turned out to be a bully and leader of a gang
Dunham: Football player from Miles’s school. Turned out to be a bully and assistant to the gang leader.
Sergeant Scobie: Soldier who treated them well.
Hancock: Mean and nasty soldier