All Write Round Robin: Take your group’s prompt and write a response on the prompt sheet. Circulate the prompt sheet around your group.
- Do any of the characters change in the story?
- How are you different from one of the characters? Pick one and explain.
- If you had been the main Character, Miles, would you have acted differently? Explain why or how.
- How did you feel about this story? Would you recommend it to someone else? Why or why not?
- What do you think was the best part of the story? Why?
Complete Novel Wikipage for Hurricane Song. You will have a role to play in your group.
Discussion Director – Your job is to respond to at least three questions for your group to discuss Hurricane Song. The responses should create be a discussion of the novel, not “yes” or “no” or simple fact recall.
Creative Connector – Your job is to find connections between the book and the outside world. Your group’s experiences are the connections. You will be comparing/contrasting the experiences of the people in your group with what Miles went through in the Superdome.
Artful Artist – Your job is to create a PhotoPeach movie in response to the novel. You must choose pictures that are representative of the story.
Super Summarizer – Your job is to summarize the book. Your summary should be at least three paragraphs. Your job is to choose at least fifteen events from your reading that you feel are important. Your task is to be able to explain why these events are important to your group.
Here is a link for a wikipage with more information concerning Hurricane Song.
Pictures from NOLA
- Images of New Orleans – Mardi Gras
- Images of NOLA
- Images of New Orleans Hurricane Katrina
- Images of New Orleans SkyLine
- Here is a list of basic LA facts that you can use.