Identify story elements from the novel, Hurricane Song. Be sure to post your responses to theses questions on your blogpage. If you can’t post onto your blogpage, put your response on paper.
· Setting – A description of the setting in the story AND words/phrases/quotes from the story that help illustrate the setting.
· Conflict – A description of the major conflict(s) in the story and how it is resolved AND words/phrases/quotes from the story that related to the conflict. What types of conflict were present? Internal? External?
· Characterization – A description of 2 of the major characters in the story AND words/phrases/quotes from the story that are used in the story to reveal his/her personality. What methods did Volponi use to help you to “see” the characters in the story?
· Symbolism – A description of the symbolism and how it connects to the story’s central meaning. What are SYMBOLS from the story? (Hint: things that are very important to the characters and the story.)
· Theme – What is the underlying message of the story? For example, is the story about love, patriotism, regret?
· Mood – How does the author make the reader feel? For example, do you feel happy, sad, or sentimental as you read the story?