I am creating this post to inform all about what to expect in the 2010-11 school year.
Because we are a 1 to 1 laptop school, the Freshmen have a laptop and are expected to use it regularly. This blog is used for me to disseminate information about class assignments. The following is a list of objectives that I intend to explore during our first Marking Period.
- Apply knowledge of context clues to comprehend new words in text: There are many ways to carry out this standard.
- Apply knowledge of Greek and Latin roots and affixes to determine word meaning
- Analyze character, plot, setting, theme, and point of view in any piece of literature.
- Make supported inferences; make predictions about plot, setting, characters, and theme.
- Use textual evidence to analyze theme or meaning of a selection.
- Analyze how irony, tone, mood, syntax, language, and sounds are used rhetorically and aesthetically.
- Write narratives that reveal the writer’s attitude toward the subject.
- Recognize and use correct punctuation.
- Recognize and use correct capitalization.
- Demonstrate conventional spelling; recognize misspelled words.
- Write responses to literature analyzing imagery, theme, stylistic devices, and tone.
- Write summaries or abstracts distilling large amounts of information into concise prose.