VOTE FOR ME
Best individual tweeter (sorry for the plug but vote for me @MsBisOnline
Best class blog (sorry for the plug but vote for me Blog, Blog Blog Blog, Blog Some More
We will be commenting on a Ted Talk. Here is the Ted Talk on the Ted website so that you can see the interactive transcript. You will take notes on your personal blog as a PreWrite and tomorrow put the Final Draft version onto the Ted Talk post. You will be graded using this rubric.
- Clear introductory paragraph with thesis. This only needs to be a couple of sentences in length.
- 2-3 body paragraphs with a minimum of 6 sentences each.
- one paragraph should summarize the Talk
- at least one paragraph will express your opinion on the talk, looking at the argument presented, the delivery skills, and persuasiveness of the Talk
- Clear conclusion and recommendation. This only needs to be a few sentences in length.
Here are some sample student responses to give you guidance.
- Summary of key ideas: What is the Talk about? Why did she want to tell her story?
- What are some of the “single stories” she shared in her Talk?
- How did this shape her?
- What did she mean by “default” setting?
- Reaction: Select 2 statements to use as quotes in your response; record and react to (reflect about) her statement
- Explain how the Talk influenced your thinking about the topic or the text(s)
- Real World Connections: Identify and explain a connection to . . .
|another writer/poet||news article||movie||song|
|commercial||Photograph/painting||TV show||person you know|
|experience you had||observation||another culture||famous/infamous person|
|your choices . . . .|
- blacks? whites? hispanics?