We will continue to watch Sir Ken Robinson’s video about how schools are stealing the creativity of its students.
You will analyze the speech.
2nd – Do you agree with Ken Robinson’s views? Why? Why not?
3rd – Do you agree with Alvin Toefler’s views?
These are the fundamentals of the futurist’s vision for education in the 21st century:
- Open 24 hours a day
- Customized educational experience
- Kids arrive at different times
- Students begin their formalized schooling at different ages
- Curriculum is integrated across disciplines
- Nonteachers work with teachers
- Teachers alternate working in schools and in business world
- Local businesses have offices in the schools
- Increased number of charter schools