Today we will be watching a video about Jamie, a gay student who sued his school for not protecting him.
- What did Jamie hope to accomplish by filing a lawsuit?
- What do you think Jamie felt on a typical day?
- What role did bystanders play in Jamie’s bullying?
- What are some common misconceptions about bullying?
- What is the constitutional basis of Jamie’s case?
- What are Jamie’s key messages when he speaks at the assembly?
- What lessons do you take away from his story?
You will also need to transfer your responses to the Bullying Weebly onto your Weebly. Pull down a picture and text box and put the picture and YOUR RESPONSE onto YOUR WEEBLY. Create a new page entitled “Anti-bullying” to put this information onto your weebly.
Next, we will also posts comments about the results of the survey that we took in class (and out of class.)
Look at the results, what, if anything, surprised you about these results?
- Physical bullying
- Results about verbal bullying
- Results about indirect bullying
- How have you been bullied?
- Where have you been bullied?
- Your responses to being bullied
- Where have you seen others being bullied?
- How do you react when others are being bullied?
- Why students bully others
- Teachers who talk about bullying